Please fill out your details below and one of our team will assist you with you booking.
The New Supervisor
The 50-Minute Manager Series was designed to cover critical business and professional development topics in the shortest time possible. Our easy-to-read, easy-to-understand format can be used for self-study or classroom training, or even office training. With a wealth of hands-on exercises, the 50-Minute books keep you engaged and help you retain critical skills.
Lead with Confidence
Others have already seen the traits of a leader in you. Now is the time to polish those skills so you can hit the ground running and turn this into the opportunity for professional and personal growth it truly is. As a supervisor, your attitude and your actions will set the pace for your entire staff. Learning how to delegate, prioritize and coach effectively is key to your success.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Part 1: Meeting the Challenge
- Anticipating the Challenge Ahead
- Getting Started: Copy a Successful Supervisor
- Communicating through Your Attitude
- Reflecting on Self-Confidence
- Taking Charge
- Presenting a Strong, Effective Image
- Getting Yourself and Your Staff Organized
- Take a Minute to Reflect
Part 2: Fitting Four Fundamentals into Your Style
- Becoming an Effective Supervisor Is Like Playing Baseball
- First Base: Establishing Your Authority by Setting Reasonable Standards
- Second Base: Getting Results through Your Staff
- Third Base: Becoming an Effective Coach and Counsellor
- Make It Home by Becoming a Confident and Respected Leader
- Take a Few Minutes to Reflect
Part 3: Dealing with Special Situations
- Staying Positive and Overcoming the Blahs
- Supervising People Who Used to Be Peers
- Solving Problems
- Working with Other Departments and Work Groups
- Keeping Your Supervisor Happy
- Resolving Mistakes
- Getting a First-Rate Staff and Keeping It
- Looking Ahead: Continuing Your Supervisory Training
Please enter your details below and we will send you the full course outline.