Please fill out your details below and one of our team will assist you with you booking.
Microsoft Access Level 2
About this course
Your training and experience using Microsoft® Office Access® has given you basic database management skills, such as creating tables, designing forms and reports, and building queries. In this course, you will expand your knowledge of relational database design; promote quality input from users; improve database efficiency and promote data integrity; and implement advanced features in tables, queries, forms, and reports. Extending your knowledge of Access will result in a robust, functional database for your users.
This course is the second part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to perform database design and development in Access 2019/2021.
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2019/2021: Part 1: Focuses on the design and construction of an Access database —viewing, navigating, searching, and entering data in a database, as well as basic relational database design and creating simple tables, queries, forms, and reports.
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2019/2021: Part 2 (this course): Focuses on optimization of an Access database, including optimizing performance and normalizing data; data validation; usability; and advanced queries, forms, and reports.
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2019/2021: Part 3: Focuses on managing the database and supporting complex database designs , including import and export of data; using action queries to manage data; creating complex forms and reports; macros and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA); and tools and strategies to manage, distribute, and secure a database.
To ensure your success in this course, it is recommended you have completed Microsoft®
Office Access® 2019/2021: Part 1 or possess equivalent knowledge.
It is also suggested that you have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being
able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and use a browser
to access websites. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking either of the following
Logical Operations courses, or any similar courses in general Microsoft Windows skills:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7
Target Student: This course is designed for students wishing to gain intermediate-level skills or individuals whose job responsibilities include constructing relational databases and developing tables, queries, forms, and reports in Microsoft Office Access 2019/2021
Lesson 1: Promoting Quality Data Input
- Restrict Data Input Through Field Validation
- Restrict Data Input Through Forms and Record Validation
Lesson 2: Improving Efficiency and Data Integrity
- Data Normalization
- Associate Unrelated Tables
- Enforce Referential Integrity
Lesson 3: Improving Table Usability
- Create Lookups Within a Table
- Work with Subdatasheets
Lesson 4: Creating Advanced Queries
- Create Query Joins
- Create Subqueries
- Summarize Data
Lesson 5: Improving Form Presentation
- Apply Conditional Formatting
- Create Tab Pages with Subforms and Other Controls
Lesson 6: Creating Advanced Reports
- Apply Advanced Formatting to a Report
- Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Control Pagination and Print Quality
- Add a Chart to a Report
Please enter your details below and we will send you the full course outline.