Please fill out your details below and one of our team will assist you with you booking.
CompTIA IT Fundamentals
About this course
If you are a high-end computer user at home or college considering a career in information technology, or interested in furthering your knowledge about personal computers, the CompTIA® IT Fundamentals™ (Exam FC0-U51) course is the first step in your preparation. In this course you will: identify PC components; work with files and folders; and conduct basic software installations.
This course will provide you with the fundamental skills and concepts required to maintain, support, and work efficiently with personal computers. In addition, you will acquire the essential skills and information you need to: set up, configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance of the hardware and software components of a basic personal computer workstation as well as basic wireless devices. Additionally, you will also implement basic security measures as well as basic computer and user support practices.
This course is designed for individuals who are considering a career in information technology (IT) and who might be planning to pursue CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification, CompTIA A+™ certification, or other similar certifications
To ensure your success in your course you will need basic Windows end-user skills.
Lesson 1: Identifying Computer Hardware
- Identify types of Computing Devices.
- Identify Identifying Components of Motherboards
- Common Computer Connector Types
- Identify Common Peripheral Devices
Lesson 2: Identifying Computer Software
- Compare Functions and Features of Common Operating Systems
- Identify Application Software
Lesson 3: Setting Up a Basic Workstation
- Connect Hardware
- Install and Configure Operating Systems
- Install and Configure Applications
- Configure Accessibility Options
Lesson 4: Configuring Network Access
- Network Connection Types
- Install and Configure a SOHO Router
- Network and Alternative Technologies
- Sharing and Storage Methods
Lesson 5: Working with Files, Folders and Applications
- Create Files
- Navigate a File Structure
- Manage Files and Folders
- Compress and Extract Files
- Create Screen Captures
Lesson 6: Configuring and Using Wireless Devices
- Configure Wireless Devices
- Use Wireless Devices
Lesson 7: Securing Computing Devices
- Identify Security Threats
- Apply Security Best Practices
- Perform Secure Web Browsing
Lesson 8: Supporting Computers and Users
- Environmental and Safety Concepts
- Back Up and Restore Data
- Manage Software
- Implement Basic Support Measures
Please enter your details below and we will send you the full course outline.