Please fill out your details below and one of our team will assist you with you booking.
About this course
If you are taking this course, you probably have some professional exposure to the duties of a project manager, or you may be
embarking on a career in professional project management. As a project manager, the ability to demonstrate best practices in
project management—both on the job and through professional certification—is becoming the standard to compete in today’s fastpaced
and highly technical workplace. In this course, you will apply the generally recognized practices of project management to
successfully manage projects.
Project managers are always under severe pressure to complete projects on time and within budget. However, most projects fail to
meet these demands and as a result, many projects are terminated early. Successful project management requires knowledge and
experience. This course is designed to provide you with the skills needed to be a successful project manager in today’s rapidly
changing world. Additionally, this course can be a significant part of your preparation for the CompTIA® Project+® certification
exam. The skills and knowledge you gain in this course will help you avoid making costly mistakes and increase your competitive
edge in the project management profession.
In this course, you will apply recognized practices of project management and understand a project’s life cycle, roles, and skills necessary to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close a project.
- Identify the fundamentals of project management.
- Initiate a project.
- Create project plans, stakeholder strategies, and scope statement.
- Develop a Work Breakdown Structure and activity lists.
- Develop project schedule and identify the critical path.
- Plan project costs.
- Create project staffing and quality management plans. • Create an effective communication plan.
- Create a risk management plan, perform risk analysis, and develop a risk response plan.
- Plan project procurements.
- Develop change management and transition plans.
- Assemble and launch the project team to execute the plan.
- Execute the project procurement plan.
- Monitor and control project performance.
- Monitor and control project constraints.
- Monitor and control project risks.
- Monitor and control procurements.
- Perform project closure activities
This course is designed for individuals in various job roles who have a basic knowledge of project management, and who
participate in small to medium scale projects.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA® Project+® certification and who want to prepare
for the CompTIA® Project+® PK0-004 Certification Exam. A typical student taking the CompTIA® Project+® PK0-004
Exam should have a minimum of 12 months of project management experience. Experience with specific project management
software is helpful, but not mandatory.
To ensure your success, you should be familiar with basic project management concepts. Basic computing skills and some experience using Microsoft Office are desirable but not required.
Lesson 1: Defining Project Management Fundamentals
- Topic A: Identify Project Management Basics
- Topic B: Describe the Project Life Cycle
- Topic C: Identify Organizational Influences on Project Management
- Topic D: Define Agile Methodology
- Lesson 2: Initiating the Project
- Topic A: Identify the Project Selection Process
- Topic B: Prepare a Project SOW
- Topic C: Create a Project Charter
- Topic D: Identify Project Stakeholders
- Lesson 3: Planning the Project
- Topic A: Identify Project Management Plan Components
- Topic B: Determine Stakeholder Needs
- Topic C: Create a Scope Statement
Please enter your details below and we will send you the full course outline.