Please fill out your details below and one of our team will assist you with you booking.
About this course
CompTIA Cloud+ validates the skills you need to maintain and optimize cloud infrastructure services.
- Cloud+ covers the increased diversity of knowledge, skills and abilities required of system administrators to validate what is necessary to perform effectively in data center jobs.
- CompTIA Cloud+ views cloud-based infrastructure services as an increasingly important piece of an organization’s IT systems.
- It is the only vendor-neutral, performance-based certification covering more than a specific vendor or a single function — such as security or networking — to help you better realize the return on investment of cloud infrastructure services.
NEW! CompTIA Cloud+ is now compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8570.01-M requirements.
CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) reflects an emphasis on incorporating and managing cloud technologies as part of broader systems operations. It assumes a candidate will weave together solutions that meet specific business needs and work in a variety of different industries.
It includes new technologies to support the changing cloud market as more organizations depend on cloud-based technologies to run mission critical systems, now that hybrid and multi-cloud have become the norm.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with basic computer user skills, be able to complete tasks in a Microsoft Windows environment, be able to search for, browse, and access information on the Internet, and have basic knowledge of computing concepts. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following official CompTIA courses:
- The Official CompTIA® IT Fundamentals+
- CompTIA A+ Core Series
- CompTIA Network+
Please Note: The prerequisites for this course might differ significantly from the prerequisites for the CompTIA certification exams. For the most up-to-date information about the exam prerequisites go to https://certification.comptia.org/training/exam-objectives
Lesson 1: Preparing to Deploy Cloud Solutions
- Describe Interaction of Cloud Components and Services
- Describe Interaction of Non-cloud Components and Services
- Evaluate Existing Components and Services for Cloud Deployment
- Evaluate Automation and Orchestration Options
- Prepare for Cloud Deployment
Lesson 2: Deploying a Pilot Project
- Manage Change in a Pilot Project
- Execute Cloud Deployment Workflow
- Complete Post-Deployment Configuration
Lesson 3: Testing Pilot Project Deployments
- Identify Cloud Service Components for Testing
- Test for High Availability and Accessibility
- Perform Deployment Load Testing
- Analyze Test Results
Lesson 4: Designing a Secure and Compliant Cloud Infrastructure
- Design Cloud Infrastructure for Security
- Determine Organizational Compliance Needs
Lesson 5: Designing and Implementing a Secure Cloud Environment
- Design Virtual Network for Cloud Deployment
- Determine Network Access Requirements
- Secure Networks for Cloud Interaction
- Manage Cloud Component Security
- Implement Security Technologies
Lesson 6: Planning Identity and Access Management for Cloud Deployments
- Determine Identity Management and Authentication Technologies
- Plan Account Management Policies for the Network and Systems
- Control Access to Cloud Objects
- Provision Accounts
Lesson 7: Determining CPU and Memory Sizing for Cloud Deployments
- Determine CPU Size for Cloud Deployment
- Determine Memory Size for Cloud Deployment
Lesson 8: Determining Storage Requirements for Cloud Deployments
- Determine Storage Technology Requirements
- Select Storage Options for Deployment
- Determine Storage Access and Provisioning Requirements
- Determine Storage Security Options
Lesson 9: Analyzing Workload Characteristics to Ensure Successful Migration
- Determine the Type of Cloud Deployment to Perform
- Manage Virtual Machine and Container Migration
- Manage Network, Storage, and Data Migration
Lesson 10: Maintaining Cloud Systems
- Patch Cloud Systems
- Design and Implement Automation and Orchestration for Maintenance
Lesson 11: Implementing Backup, Restore, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity Measures
- Back Up and Restore Cloud Data
- Implement Disaster Recovery Plans
Lesson 12: Analyzing Cloud Systems for Performance
- Monitor Cloud Systems to Measure Performance
- Optimize Cloud Systems to Meet Performance Criteria
Lesson 13: Analyzing Cloud Systems for Anomalies and Growth Forecasting
- Monitor for Anomalies and Resource Needs
- Plan for Capacity
- Create Reports on Cloud System Metrics
Lesson 14: Troubleshooting Deployment, Capacity, Automation, and Orchestration Issues
- Troubleshoot Deployment Issues
- Troubleshoot Capacity Issues
- Troubleshoot Automation and Orchestration Issues
Please enter your details below and we will send you the full course outline.