Please fill out your details below and one of our team will assist you with you booking.
Microsoft Visio Level 1
From the earliest eras of human existence, visual images have been used to represent knowledge, data, and information. Beginning with the Paleolithic cave paintings and continuing to today’s most complex computer networks, these images leverage the ability of the human brain to rapidly perceive patterns and trends from visual representations.
In today’s workplace, visual diagrams are an essential part of communication, from road maps to sales flows to process charts. Microsoft® Visio® provides you with an intuitive, customizable tool to easily create a professional-looking visual product by using its extensive gallery of shapes. By following the exercises in this course, you will create visually engaging diagrams, maps, and drawings, using graphical elements to make information easier to comprehend.
In this course, you will design, modify, and manage basic diagrams.
- Identify the basic elements of Visio and their use.
- Create a workflow diagram.
- Build organization charts.
- Design a floor plan.
- Build a cross-functional flowchart.
- Design a network diagram.
- Style a diagram.
To ensure your success, you will need to be familiar with using personal computers, including a mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows 10 environment and proficient in using Windows to access programs, navigate to information stored on the computer, and manage files and folders.
To meet this prerequisite, you can take any one or more of the following Logical Operations courses:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Visio
- Perform Basic Tasks in the Visio Environment
- Work with Visio Global Options in the Backstage View
- Save a File
- Work with Visio for the Web
Lesson 2: Working with Workflow Diagram Tools
- Use Drawing Components
- Modify a Drawing
- Insert Callouts and Groups
Lesson 3: Building Organization Charts
- Create an Organization Chart Manually
- Create Organization Charts by Using Starter Diagrams and the Organization Chart Wizard
- Modify an Organization Chart
Lesson 4: Designing a Floor Plan
- Make a Basic Floor Plan
- Model a Room Layout
Lesson 5: Building a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Create a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Format a Cross-Functional Flowchart
Lesson 6: Designing a Network Diagram
- Create Network Diagrams
- Use Shape Data
- Use Layers
Lesson 7: Styling a Diagram
- Modify Shape and Connector Styles
- Apply Themes and Variants
- Use Containers
Please enter your details below and we will send you the full course outline.