Please fill out your details below and one of our team will assist you with you booking.
Microsoft Project Level 1
Welcome to Microsoft® Project® 2019/2021: Part 1. This course is designed to familiarize you with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project so you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
This course covers the critical knowledge and skills a project manager needs to create a project plan with Project during the planning phase of a project. In other words, if your supervisor assigns you to lead a project, this course will enable you to draft a project plan with Project and share it with your supervisor (and others) for review and approval.
This course builds upon the foundational and intermediate knowledge presented in the Microsoft® Office Excel® 2021: Part 1 and Microsoft® Office Excel® 2021: Part 2 courses to help you get the most of your Excel experience. The ability to collaborate with colleagues, automate complex or repetitive tasks, and use conditional logic and dynamic arrays to construct and apply elaborate formulas and functions will put the full power of Excel right at your fingertips. The more you learn about how to get Excel to do the hard work for you, the more you’ll be able to focus on getting the answers you need from the vast amounts of data your organization generates.
In this course, you will be able to construct basic project plans using Microsoft Project.
- Identify project management concepts and navigate Microsoft Project Professional.
- Create a new project plan.
- Add tasks to a project.
- Manage task relationships within a project.
- Manage project resources.
- Finalize a project plan.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic knowledge and skills using the Microsoft® Windows® operating system—preferably the most current version. While you do not need to be an expert, some experience and competency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel®, will be useful. Finally, having a foundational knowledge of project management concepts will help prepare you for working with Microsoft Project.
You can take any of the following course offerings from Logical Operations to attain the requisite knowledge and skills:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10 (Second Edition)
- Microsoft® Office Word: Part 1 (any current version)
- Microsoft® Office Excel®: Part 1 (any current version)
- Project Management Fundamentals (Third Edition)
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Identify Project Management Concepts
- Navigate in the Microsoft Project Desktop Environment
Lesson 2: Defining a Project
- Create a New Project Plan File
- Set Project Plan Options
- Assign a Project Calendar
Lesson 3: Adding Project Tasks
- Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Enter Task Duration Estimates
Lesson 4: Managing Tasks
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Define Task Relationships
- Schedule Tasks
Lesson 5: Managing Project Resources
- Add Resources to a Project
- Create a Resource Calendar
- Enter Costs for Resources
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 6: Finalizing a Project Plan
- Optimize a Project Plan
- Set a Baseline
- Share a Project Plan
Please enter your details below and we will send you the full course outline.