Please fill out your details below and one of our team will assist you with you booking.
Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA) v1.0
About this course
The Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA) v1.0 course gives you a broad range of fundamental knowledge for all IT careers.
You will learn how to install, operate, configure, and verify basic IPv4 and IPv6 networks. The course covers configuring network components such as switches, routers, and wireless LAN controllers; managing network devices; and identifying basic security threats. The course also gives you a foundation in network programmability, automation, and software-defined networking.
This course helps you prepare to take the Cisco Certified Network Associate (200-301 CCNA) exam. By passing this one exam, you earn CCNA certification.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the components of a computer network and explain their basic characteristics
- Describe the features and functions of the Cisco IOS Software
- Explain IPv4 and IPv6 addressing scheme
- Implement basic configurations on a Cisco router
- Identify and resolve common switching and routing networking issues
- Describe network and device architectures and explain virtualization
- Describe the smart network management solutions like Cisco DNA Center, SD-Access and SD-WAN
- Outline threat defense technologies
- And many, many more aspects of a basic IPv4 and IPv6 network
Before taking this course, you should have:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Basic IP address knowledge
There are no formal prerequisites for CCNA certification, but you should make sure to have a good understanding of the exam topics.
This course includes lecture sections and some self-study sections. In instructor-led classes, lectures are delivered in real-time, either in person or via video conferencing.
- Exploring the Functions of Networking
- Introducing the Host-to-Host Communications Model
- Operating Cisco IOS Software
- Introducing LANs
- Exploring the TCP/IP Link Layer
- Starting a Switch
- Introducing the TCP/IP Internet Layer, IPv4 Addressing, and Subnets
- Explaining the TCP/IP Transport Layer and Application Layer
- Exploring the Functions of Routing
- Configuring a Cisco Router
- Exploring the Packet Delivery Process
- Troubleshooting a Simple Network
- Introducing Basic IPv6
- Configuring Static Routing
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Routing Between VLANs
- Introducing OSPF
- Explaining the Evolution of Intelligent Networks
- Introducing System Monitoring
- Managing Cisco Devices
- Building Redundant Switched Topologies
- Exploring Layer 3 Redundancy
- Introducing WAN Technologies
- Introducing QoS
- Explaining Wireless Fundamentals
- Introducing Architectures and Virtualisation
- Examining the Security Threat Landscape
Please enter your details below and we will send you the full course outline.